At The Journey, we recently concluded our Nehemiah series – this OT book had much to teach us about leadership as we considered the life of Nehemiah. In his commentary on Nehemiah, Warren Wiersbe outlines 12 helpful leadership lessons we can learn from Nehemiah, the man of God.
1. He knew he was called of God.
2. He depended on prayer.
3. He had a vision and saw the greatness of the work.
4. He submitted to authority.
5. He was organised in his work.
6. He was able to discern the tactics of the enemy.
7. He worked hard.
8. He lived an exemplary life.
9. He sought to glorify God alone.
10. He had courage.
11. He enlisted others to work.
12. He was determined.